Friday, August 04, 2006

Mashti Malone's...not all I was hoping for

Blah...I am so sad, I am 0-2 on my list...not so good, considering all the super yummy places I have been around the city. I hit up Mashti Malone's after giving a little driving tour of Hollywood to my brother and his lady friend. I was really looking forward to trying some of the more interesting flavors. Luckily they let you have samples. Being the ginger lover that I am, I tried the ginger rose water. Admittedly, it was good for one taste, but I couldn't imagine eating a whole cup full since it kind of reminded me of perfume. My bf tried the saffron and we both felt the same way about that flavor. I ended up going with the Turkish coffee. I have to say it was quite good and had very strong, deep, earthy, coffee flavor. Actually looking back, it was probably one the best coffee flavors I've had in ice cream. The texture was not quite smooth enough though and it had little ice crystals in it. My bf got the blueberry cheesecake, which was also very good. The texture was smooth and thick and had a great sweet cheesy flavor. While both of our flavors ended up being quite good, I really wanted to like their more interesting flavors. I do agree that Mashti Malone's is good (although wouldn't say it is the best in LA), and if I was in the area I might go back, but it is definitely not some place that I will be going out of my way to revisit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home